Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#73 closed defect (wontfix)

Batch panel output to CSV file broken again?

Reported by: butlerpd Owned by: butler
Priority: major Milestone: SansView 2.1.1
Component: SansView Keywords:
Cc: Work Package:

Description

Lionel reports that the 2.1.1 release candidate running on his windows machine (not mac) does not save to exel correctly. basically he says it all loads into 1 cell (or one row … not clear from his description but definitely no columns). Further when he tried to copy and paste directly into excel it went into one cell.

It has been working for us so will need to try on a few more machines and if all good will need to extract more information from him.

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by robert-whitley

I tried on my WIN7 machine and it saved and opened correctly. Each value was saved in a different cell. (I used the most up to date release candidate to test on).

Two things I did notice:

  • Clicking "File → Open with Excel" didn't do anything on my PC. (I have Excel 2007 installed). On closer inspection it seems that the file did save but an error occurred when calling Excel.
  • The cell headers were in alphabetical order in the batch window which differed from the .csv file.

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by robert-whitley

I've had a look into the reason why Excel isn't loading. For some reason it didn't recognise the import from (pywin32 build 217). I tried re-installing the dependency but it failed with a strange error. I presume it works fine with the import working correctly.

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by butlerpd

  • Owner set to butlerpd
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by butlerpd

  • Status changed from assigned to accepted

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by butlerpd

  • Resolution set to wontfix
  • Status changed from accepted to closed

Am closing this ticket as we still have no evidence there is an actual problem several months later.

comment:6 Changed 2 years ago by ajj

  • Owner changed from butlerpd to butler
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.